Saturday, May 30, 2009

Displaced

Stardate 31.05.2009.
It has been some time since signing in and doodling my thoughts down in my blogg. They are ramblings but that's what this blogg is about.

As you may have noted from the title, the realities of commerce and the general state of the economy have rendered me displaced. Yes, in other words redundant.

What a term displaced. I have just tried to Wiki it and see if it is a commonly used term for being made redundant. It's not, but it is a term I keep hearing people use. The "R" word has alot of baggage(see previous blogg). "Displaced" at first was an okay term but the more I think about it the worse it gets. Because in a way it's too accurate.

The dictionary defines 'displaced' as an adjective, defined as "moved or put out of the usual or proper place". As I have found out the last few weeks, this is bang on. You now have more time. You can make choices for you. You have time to do things that matter to you! Smell the grass, sort your shit out and do it all by yourself without other people hassling you.

This is not right in todays' modern society. Or more to the point, not the norm. And that is just it....how frigin sad is that!

But I hear all of you (numerous) readers saying "welcome to the real world pete... you have only just realsied that we are all slaves to realities of living in a modern society?" Yes I have, and how sad we have to conform to pressures driven by the greed of making money, social attainment through possession, driven by jealously and greed.

Whoa...ease up Pete. But I have a point I think. I saw a stat from WHO (World Health Organisation for those not sure) that said by 2015 Depression in the Western World will be the second biggest killer after Cancer. And I would say this is driven by this rat race.

Luckily at the moment I am displaced from the rat race, well a little anyway. I will need to earn some money soon to keep my house before I am really displaced. And seeing the news reports coming from the States, there is alot of displacing happening there at the moment.

God help all these people and God help all of us.

Amen

No comments: